South Allington House - 1
South Allington House is a beautiful three-bay mansion. It was originally built as a more simple single-bay house in a restrained Palladian style during the reign of George III about 1800. Throughout the greater part of the nineteenth century there were more than 1000 acres, of the 2500 acres of farming land forming the Pitts estates, close to or adjacent to the mansion. It is still a working farm albeit on a far smaller scale than it once was.